This doll called Asia was done with a piece of material which made me think of a Japenese girl with her beautiful Kimono and dark hair. I started to create her with a new approach as I decided to have her standing straight. To achieve this I had to use a new technique which meant having some weight in the lower body to make her base stable plus I added some galvanized wire inside her body.. He hair is made of wool and I found a small silk flower just for the accent.
This is Opra, my new girl. I used seed beads for the corset outline and made a ring and a necklace to continue with the design. Rubans are also a very good addition to the embellishment tool box!
I present you Clementine the new addition to my doll collection. I tried the ball joint method which is new to me.These balls allow freedom of movement and are made of wood.I used a beautiful scarf gifted to me by a very good friend and the little top was done with a piece of carpet fabric matching the colours of the skirt. I recycled one of my old necklaces and used the beads for the collar.The sandals are made with the same fabric as the top plus some tapestry wool to wrap around the sole as the “espadrille” type of shoes. The flowers come from a silk flower bouquet. Clementine came through as a name matching the vibrant orange colour scheme.