The body the bow tie and the headdress were all made thanks to some material given to me by my lovely friends. So this doll had to be named “friendship”
This duck is inspired from a Tilda pattern which is very cute especially if you choose the right material coordination. I happened to have in my stash a brown velvety tie which was cut to measure to fit the size of the duck and finished off nicely the cosy look.The bottom part is filled with rice to get the weight necessary for the duck to stand up without falling over.
Delphine is another stump doll with curly hair and a beautiful hat adorned with 2 buttons.
For this kind of doll, it is necessary to put a weight at the base.I make a small bag which I fill with rice and place it inside at the bottom of the doll.
Delphine is a name given after the blue tall flower called Delphinium.
This doll called Eleanor is the time keeper. For her posture she needed to be sitting down and the clock looked like the ideal chair and inspiration for the title …Her costume was made totally intuitively and became a figure from Elisabethan era. I made her hat scrunching up the soft material used for her flounce .I added a black brooch to her hat which made me think of the shape of a feather. Her shoes are made of black suede material with buckles/buttons with matching colours. Her trousers are very light made from a black silk scarf.
When I started this doll, I did not know it would become a historical figure. The doll has a life of its own !
Ficelle which means string in French, is a new kind of soft doll for me, made of wire and wrapped around fabric and threads. The advantage of this technique is you can give any posture to your doll and have a story with it.
The dog called spot is just made of white fabric with black dots done with a black marker. These two seem to be getting along very well, don’t you think?
This doll called Asia was done with a piece of material which made me think of a Japenese girl with her beautiful Kimono and dark hair. I started to create her with a new approach as I decided to have her standing straight. To achieve this I had to use a new technique which meant having some weight in the lower body to make her base stable plus I added some galvanized wire inside her body.. He hair is made of wool and I found a small silk flower just for the accent.
This is Opra, my new girl. I used seed beads for the corset outline and made a ring and a necklace to continue with the design. Rubans are also a very good addition to the embellishment tool box!
I present you Clementine the new addition to my doll collection. I tried the ball joint method which is new to me.These balls allow freedom of movement and are made of wood.I used a beautiful scarf gifted to me by a very good friend and the little top was done with a piece of carpet fabric matching the colours of the skirt. I recycled one of my old necklaces and used the beads for the collar.The sandals are made with the same fabric as the top plus some tapestry wool to wrap around the sole as the “espadrille” type of shoes. The flowers come from a silk flower bouquet. Clementine came through as a name matching the vibrant orange colour scheme.
My latest doll is enjoying the Winter sunshine and is joining the poppies appearing everywhere at the moment!
I enjoyed using beautiful golden buttons given to me for the joints. I used blue shiny beads for the corset and the bow in her hair.!Just playing and having fun in the middle of confinement for our region….
These 2 are done with the same pattern but with different outfits and type of wings.
Added to my growing collection of cloth dolls…there is so much to do and experiment with different fabric and techniques. In the meantime some of them are going to fly off to family members and friends!