I went this morning to my favourite beach in Antibes and sketched people in front of me.
I follow a strategy to go to the beach there :
- I go early because it is easier to find a parking space
- There are less people early and it is not so hot
- I always carry a parasol because as I like sketching I could not do it with a glaring light. Shade is essential not just for the skin!
- I always swim to cool down and coming out of the water I “de-salt”myself with the showers conveniently built on the beach
- I leave the beach mid morning to avoid the heat and the crowd coming in.